It was established in 1966 as a public entity with elected administration and it is governed by elected members of the representatives of businesses of the region of Arta.
It is constituted by three departments:
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Process Manufacturing
- Department of Services
- Strategic management with regards to the economic development of the region.
- Serving as economic advisor of the Greek state for the region of Arta.
- Provides information for its members regarding national and European funding opportunities.
- Education of its members with seminars and conferences.
- Promotion and support of the local economy products and participation in exhibitions.
Interreg Greece – Italy 2014-2020
- INNOVATIVE USE OF OLIVE, WINERY AND CHEESE WASTE BY PRODUCTS IN ANIMAL NUTRITION FOR THE PRODUCTION OF FUNCTIONAL FOODS FROM ANIMALS «ΙΝΝΟ ΤRΙΤΙΟΝ»
Goal: Innovative reuse of waste from food process manufacturing as bioactive byproducts.
- ENVIRONMENTAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE KNOWLEDGE NETWORKS FOR A BETTER TOURIST ATTRACTIVENESS IN PROTECTED NATURAL AREAS (E-PARKS)
Goal: Better accessibility terms in natural protected areas.
Interreg Greece – Albania 2014-2020
- LOCAL CLUSTERS & SOCIAL ENTERPRISES INCUBATORS IN THE FIELDS OF CULTURE / TOURISM & FOLK TRADITION «IN CLUST»
Goal: Boost of social economy through the creation of cluster of creative industries.
National Strategic Reference Framework 2007-2013
- DIGITAL CENTER FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF COMPETITIVENESS OF LOCAL BUSINESSES
Goal: Promotion and use of e-services as a means of competitiveness
- LOCAL PLANS FOR EMPLOYMENT ADJUSTED TO THE NEEDS OF LOCAL MARKET
Goal: Reactivation of unemployed and support of start-ups for the upgrade of local economy